Don’t you wish you could have bought a bunch of property in the 1990s before prices doubled?!
What if you knew for sure that a fortune could be made if you found a way to buy just one more house?
How would that money impact your life ? Or the lives of your loved ones?
My guess is that the extra wealth would provide security and more options for you to live fully.
But, it is impossible to know what the future holds….
Or is it?
With a basic knowledge base in economics and the workings of our financial system, we can accurately predict the future.
Don’t get me wrong.
I have no idea the exact date when real estate prices will surge upward again.
But I do know prices will rise rapidly, and one day we will be lamenting “if only I bought more in the 2010s.”
1. Signs of Kamloops GDP growth include tourism numbers up 19% in March
Also TRU’s growth from Caribou College now has it contributing $355M to the Kamloops Economy
2. There is 2 years of construction jobs during 2015-2017 for the Kinder Morgan Pipeline Twining.
At the same time the Ajax mine will likely begin construction(source).
Both these projects will lead to big demands for rental housing.
3. The Kamloops younger population is growing fast – future renters and buyers. (Source)
This is over and above those moving here for jobs.
4. Kamloops Rents are already rising(proof: read this article, and I just re-rented a unit for $75 more/mo without any renovations).
Another article: More rental available but at higher cost
5. Existing economic fundamentals are already influencing prices. House Prices have inched up 5% over last year(source) so imagine what will happen to this town when 2 large construction projects start simultaneously!
As you can see, by following the news and recognizing the signs, we can position ourselves in front of the next boom in Kamloops!
Until next time,