I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for: my growing family, living in the best country in the world, gainful employment, and wonderful business partners.
In fact, gratitude and thankfulness(even when things are hard or going bad) have been linked to improved quality of life in medical studies, including better stress management and stronger immunity.
David Steindl-Rast gives a powerful TED talk and explains gratitude in a way I have not seen anywhere else, I highly recommend viewing it!
Anyway, Happy(belated) Thanksgiving (it will be happy if you are grateful!)
On to business…
FEATURE BLOG POST
Low interest rates and inflation here to stay?
It’s been several years now that the Bank of Canada has warned that interest rates will rise, in a bid to prevent Canadians from taking on debt.
Well it looks like they have given up.
MORE DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT – TRUE OPPORTUNITY
TRU is opening a campus downtown Kamloops, further spurring demand for rental housing in the area. Yet great deals still abound.
INVEST KAMLOOPS TV
Most people caught behind a long train get angry about being delayed, but I take a different view. I was inspired to revisit a blog post I did that mentioned a local major employer after shooting this video…
DO YOU NEED REAL ESTATE ADVICE?
Due to an overwhelming demand for consulting services, I am limiting new clients.
– trying to decide if Real Estate investing is right for you?
– struggling with a nightmare tenant?
– thinking about selling?
If you have a real estate problem, advice from a third party can be invaluable. I have a solid consulting track record and has dealt with evictions, filling vacancies, and every tenant situation imaginable. Since services are in high demand, consulting rates start at $100/hr.
Book a FREE, no obligation, 30 minute phone call with me to learn if we can work well together. Call 1.888.532.7660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.*
*When requesting a phone call, please provide as much information as possible. A detailed message or email complete circumstances will ensure I can best help you quickly.
I am excited to announce my new book, it has been released and I have received a couple samples, however I am waiting to get my shipment from the printers for all those of you who did a pre order.
While you wait, visit www.SamPerren.com to get some bonuses I am giving away to everyone who gets a copy.
HOW ARE DOUBLE DIGIT RETURNS POSSIBLE?
September 2014 prices are up almost 12% from 2013!
The $40,000 median price increase blows away the conservative 2% appreciation I use in my pro forma to estimate future property values.
I use 2% because I know real estate prices will at least keep pace with inflation, but this increase plainly demonstrates the Kamloops market is outpacing the 2% Bank of Canada target.
In fact, my neighbour just sold for $417k. 20 years ago homes in my neighbourhood sold new for less than $180k new. Do the math and the average annual appreciation has been 12%!
Here are some stories of interest and how they affect Kamloops real estate investors:
– Ongoing infrastructure improvement/maintenance – $1.9M road improvement at 12th Street Kamloops. My first rental property is on 12th Street, so it is interesting to see the city spending money here, as well as my neighbor tearing down the house to build a brand new duplex. I think this older neighborhood is starting to see the beginnings of “gentrification”, so although I made mistakes with this property early in my investment career I may see accelerated appreciation to make up for them.
– More infrastructure improvements – to the tune of $$62M, a local highway is widening from 2 lanes to 4.
– Even more infrastructure improvements – The city of Kamloops will borrow $9.3M to upgrade Overlander bridge deck and walkway. Also of interest at the web link: electric car owners be happy –Tesla adding a “supercharging” station to Kamloops Information Centre; and a developer is trying to get 2 downtown city lots rezoned to allow an 18 unit apartment building.
Infrastructure improvement is needed to ensure population growth is able to continue unfettered, and the Kamloops area sees constant improvement projects like this one
– Kinder Morgan one step close to twinning pipeline in Kamloops. – This billion dollar project means lots of construction jobs and is an opportunity for landlords to provide furnished rentals during the massive Kamloops phase of the project.
– Kamloops is recreation focused like this article states – A ski resort only 1 hour from Kamloops is buidling North America’s first mountain-cross cart course. There are nice other courses in the world, so this project is yet another unique feature of Kamloops. (Before you bring your kids, know that you need a valid driver’s licence to participate.) The more exposure Kamloops gets, the better for the economy!
– Aviation numbers up 9% – 20,000 more travellers came through Kamloops airport so far this year than last. Airport Managing Director Fred Legace says the increased numbers are due to a large international athletics tournament as well as the movement of university students. He thinks the number of people visiting friends and relatives continues to grow as well. An increase in courier service in the Kamloops area also led to an increase in airport activity.
– Local Construction Boom – 73,000 sqft of commercial real estate is under construction: 45,000 square feet of industrial space and 28,000 sq. ft. of retail space is under construction in the city of Kamloops. What do these companies know that is causing so much investment?
Sign up for this newsletter to keep getting the Kamloops real estate news you won’t find anywhere else.
Sam Perren has purchased over 1 Million dollars in residential real estate in Kamloops since 2009. Sam’s education and experience includes two years of university sciences at UBCO, two years of carpentry, and more than seven years law enforcement. Sam successfully completed the Canadian Securities Course in 2011, a credential required for all financial advisors.
Sam is expanding his business and portfolio using the S.A.F.E. principles he developed, and has been creating double digit returns using Real Estate to the delight of his partners. Sam is seeking more investment partners, however due to time constraints, opportunities are limited to 4 deals per year.
To learn more about the S.A.F.E. business model, and see opportunities available right now, click here.
Sam lives and invests in Kamloops BC, and can be reached at 1.888.532.7660 or at email@example.com. For more information about Sam, Kamloops real estate opportunities and market updates, check out www.investkamloops.com