I’ve recently been introduced to a great resource for improving sales, Kevin Hogan.
If you are interested in this type of thinking you will love his content. Here are some golden eggs:
- If you truly care about your customers they will be loyal for a lifetime.
- Use the word “because” in answers to the question “why.” It will trigger compliance over 50% of the normal response rate.
- In person meetings – Keep your hands positioned in such a way that they could never remind someone of a time they were struck it abused.
- Induce reciprocity. Give away something of perceived value and they will feel compelled to do likewise.
- Contrast. Show your expensive item first, then show the best option/least expensive option.
- Become friends before the sale to increase compliance. Point out drawbacks of a product to gain trust or give examples how you helped your family make the choice you are promoting.
- Expect your customer to buy from you. They likely will because they will be following the lead of your unconscious body language and the way you conduct yourself.
- Link yourself and products to respected, famous and experienced.
- Consistency. When your prospect takes a position in writing he will strongly defend that belief regardless of its accuracy.
- Scarcity. “Limited supplies” in your ad copy will boost sales. Your customer must be aware that Something about you or your services is scarce. “What if house prices rise by 10% while you are making a decision. You will have to be in the market a lot longer to catch up.
- Conformity. Allow your client to see his future after purchasing your product as one where friends and family approve and are excited about the purchase.
- Win-Win is critica.
Great tips for your own sales, or even things to keep in mind next tie you are negotiating with that used car salesman 🙂 Learn more at http://www.kevinhogan.com/coffee.
I hope you enjoyed!
Until next time,