“The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty; yet their span is but toil and trouble; they are soon gone, and we fly away. […] So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.” – Psalm 90:10-12
Superbowl 50, Chinese New Year and Valentines’s Day.
So much for the “shoulder season” where we can recover from Christmas/New Year until Easter rolls around! I didn’t even mention Family Day and Fat Tuesday. Dion’t get me wrong, I love an excuse to celebrate. It’s just that with parties come food, and my every expanding waistline can’t handle it :P. If only there were a time of year where we could commit to fasting or giving up certain types of luxuries, I imagine that would make for a health life/society. Oh well.
I’m told that time speeds up as we age, and it feels like life is going 100 miles an hour right now. I can’t believe how fast Lacianna is growing, she used to just sleep and eat but now she is almost getting ready to crawl!
Despite the controversy, I did especially enjoy this part of the big game.
What do you think? Funny or gross?
Did you know 2016 is the year of the Monkey?
恭禧發, Gong Xi Fa Cai, Gong Hey Fat Choy, Chúc Mừng Năm Mới!
According to Chinese lore, Monkey is a smart, naughty, wily and vigilant animal. If you want to have good return for your investments, then you need to outsmart the Monkey. Think twice before you leap when making changes to your finance, career, business and personal relationships.(Good advice no mater what the year :P)
Reminder – treat your sweetie!
Marcy and I took in Johnny Reid on his 3rd stop of the “What love is all about” tour last week. She booked the tickets and arranged for a sitter without me knowing.
What a great time! A hugely positive message, and an awesome lesson in engagement. Johnny Reid is a master relationship manager and here are some of the things I noticed:
– he did his usual run off stage to the chagrin of his security staff(floor seat audience member danced with him, posed for selfies and got autographs)
– he introduced and talked up his team(Jamaican musicians, a dancing fiddler, his opening acts)
– he called us all his friends, not his fans
– he told us he donated $1 of each ticket to a local school for the music program – then he brought up the students and sang with them! Marcy was so touched she started crying!
– he would take audience members cameras/phone and take a video while running around the stage(contrast this to other shows where crew stand by with flashing lights to blind people trying to take amateur photos)
– he shot T-shirts into the crowd
– he was very obviously having the time of his life
All these things made the crowd buy-in to the show and the energy was very high(surprisingly for a room where the average age might have been 50). If you hit one of his concerts you will become a raving
fan friend. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Since I got my gift early I decided to take Landen shopping early as well. No last minute gas-station valentine’s gift from me this year! We got the girls each a pair of their very own slippers.
Now I know what you might be thinking, why would I put these photos here, won’t it ruin the surprise?
Well, I’ve come to realize that Marcy doesn’t read my newsletters.
LOL, I guess you can have too much of a good thing 😀
I could say anything about her here and she would never know(unless you told her of course ;))
Anyway, here this this month’s newsletter:
- 77 Seconds with Sam – Post Retirement Work
- Deals of the Month
- Type II Civilization Here We Come
- Is your money being held hostage?
- Free Resources
Hope you enjoy!