Some of you have been wondering what I’m up to since I started my early retirement. Well, besides chasing around three kids in diapers I’ve been working on installing a legal basement suite, here is a quick tour of work in progress.
If you want the details of this deal or are curious how you can make money like this, reach out at Sam@InvestKamloops.com.
Until next time,
I’ve written about the event that changed my mindset, it takes up 4 paragraphs in my book “Your Life. Your Terms.” I recently visited where it happened, during many months of literal blood sweat and tears, and hope by sharing my story can help someone else. A change in mindset is life changing!
Invest Kamloops Newsletter | March 13, 2015 | Vol 2 | Issue 8
I had a great day and no bad luck, I hope you had the same 🙂 Some people might be superstitious about Friday the 13th, so I did some research to see where this idea came from. Here is an article with some surprising facts:
– the plane crash of the true survival story depicted in the 1993 movie “Alive” was on this date 1972
– in the UK there are more car crashes on Friday the 13th
– there are fewer crashes and insurance claims on this date in the Netherlands
– in numerology “12” indicates completeness, so 13 is incongruent
– in the US, a change in behaviour thanks to this date costs an estimated $800-900 million that day
– Finland always holds “national accident day” on Friday the 13th
– there may be some Christian roots to the superstition(although being superstitious is not Christian)
– it is a relatively new western superstition(19th century)
Anyway, here is what I’ve been up to the past couple weeks:
– dropped off more fliers
– had my realtor find me an awesome deal(on the surface, more on that below)
– went to Vancouver twice: learned about a creative strategy Saturday, then an awards night Monday
– only 1 vacancy left!
– writing lots of offers: two private sales in the works
Here is this week’s newsletter:
- REAG meeting/training review
- Invest Kamloops TV – deal of the week #1
- Deal of the week #2
Continue reading →
Invest Kamloops Newsletter | Feb 26, 2015 | Vol 2 | Issue 6
This was a productive week for me, I hope you had a good week too! Here is what I’ve been up to this week:
– distributed some of my fliers(I biked 60km last week and am loving the early spring!)
– got a response to my fliers and am viewed a potential private sale
– 2 accepted offers with subject removal March 6th, YAY!
– lots of showings for my 2 basements coming vacant next month
– prep work for 2 speaking engagements this week: I have a booth to set up too
I hope you had a great week too. Here is this week’s newsletter:
- Taxes are around the corner!
- Economic fundamentals YTD
- Invest Kamloops TV – sizzle VS steak
- Deal of the week
Continue reading →
Watch this two minute video to see how I select my properties. There is select criteria they must meet before I will put in an offer.
I’m putting offers on three properties today and one will be featured on my “Deal of the Week” email, so make sure you are signed up to receive them.
If you would like to access to the password protected site area “Deal of the Week”,